MEETING ALERTS AND NOTIFICATIONS
- September 29, 2016 8:30 pmMaimonides Hospital | NEW FOCUS: Steps/Traditions
- October 1, 2016 10:00 amRELOCATED/TIME Change | 12/12 MEETING Unitarian Universalist at 4 W. 76
- October 3, 2016 12:00 pmMeeting Canceled Temporary | Brooklyn Heights Synagogue Step/Tradition study
- October 3, 2016 6:15 pmWest Side Y Monday Step Meeting | TIME CHANGE
- NO NEW MEETINGS TO POST AT THIS TIME
UPCOMING LOCAL EVENTS
- September 29, 2016 6:30 pmMetro Intergroup Group Inventory | Do you want to know the truth?
OTHER OA EVENTS
- NO OTHER EVENTS RECEIVED
NEXT INTERGROUP MEETING
- October 13, 2016 6:45 pmGreater NY Metro Intergroup Meeting
Notice about Electioneering:
In light of the contentious primary season, it is likely that members may choose to express their feelings about the elections and participate in electioneering/campaigning. Please keep in mind that our preamble states, “OA is not affiliated with any public or private organization, political movement, ideology or religious doctrine; we take no position on outside issues. Our primary purpose is to abstain from compulsive eating and compulsive food behaviors…” Clearly, political discussions are beyond this purpose--members sharing about recovery from compulsive eating through the 12 Steps and 12 Traditions--and may divert our attention from that, resulting in our message of recovery getting lost. We have a responsibility to make sure OA doesn't become sidetracked.
Although we are free to believe in and work for any cause we choose, politics is decidedly an outside issue. Please be aware that such discussions need to be discouraged, and it is the responsibility of each meeting to uphold the traditions and to request that sharing & discussions remain focused on recovery issues.