How do I make changes to my meeting?
If your meeting is changing times or location for more than a few weeks, or if there is a change to the contact person information, you will need to update meeting information at OA World Service. Visit the WSO Edit a Meeting page and use the search function to locate your meeting. Once you have located your meeting, there is a link on the left side that will allow you to make meeting changes. Once your meeting update at World Service has been processed, your updated meeting information will automatically be reflected on Greater NY Metro IG's online meeting list.
After your meeting has been updated on the online meeting list, please submit your updated meeting information via the Greater New York Metro Intergroup Meeting Change Form. Our publications committee will update the paper list that is posted online.
My Meeting has Closed Permanently, What Do I Do?
If your meeting has permanently closed, you or a representative of the meeting must notify OA World Service so that it may be removed from the meeting registry. Visit the WSO Meeting Changes page and follow the online instructions to cancel your meeting. (Note: there is a review process to cancel meetings and the update may not be immediate). Once the meeting has been canceled at World Service, the online meeting list will automatically update and remove the meeting from both the OA.org meeting list as well as Greater NY Metro IG's online meeting list.
After your meeting has been successfully canceled at World Service, please submit your canceled meeting information via the Greater New York Metro Intergroup Meeting Change Form. Our publications committee will remove the meeting from our paper list which is posted online.
- Your meeting MUST be affiliated with Greater NY OA Metro Intergroup (our IG number is 09033) to be listed on the link to local New York City meetings affiliated with our Intergroup via on our website as well as to be included on the paper list. Meetings which are not affiliated under Greater NY Metro IG will not be listed on this website. [If your meeting is not affiliated with Greater NY OA Metro Intergroup, you can change this by editing your meeting information directly on the World Service website (OA.org).]
- To minimize confusion regarding information changes about your meeting, we suggest that your group designate one person to make these changes. Please be aware that World Service requires that every meeting have a contact person, as does Greater NY Metro IG Meeting Change Form.
How do I get my new meeting listed?
There are a few required steps to have your new meeting listed on both our website as well as with World Service. Please read the following carefully as it is important to know how meetings are registered and meeting information is displayed.
IMPORTANT: EACH MEETING IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THEIR INFORMATION AT WORLD SERVICE AND NOTIFYING GREATER NY METRO INTERGROUP OF CHANGES
Here are the steps for establishing your new meeting online and on our paper meeting list.
- Your meeting must first be registered with OA World Service. In order to be recognized as OA meetings, the World Service Organization of Overeaters Anonymous has always required that individual meetings register to be included on their worldwide directory. Your individual group's registration also serves toward the official count of meetings recognized as part of Greater NY Metro Intergroup. To register your meeting with OA World Service, visit the WSO Meeting Changes page and select "Add a Meeting". The requirements are detailed on their website. Important: As part of the registration process, you must affiliate your meeting with our Intergroup ("Greater NY OA Metro IG" ID: 09033) and also our Region (we are in Region 6)*. Once your meeting is established at World Service, they will automatically add your meeting to their master meeting list, which will also automatically add your meeting to our online meeting list on this website. (Meetings that are not affiliated with Greater NY Metro IG will not be listed on our website.)
- When your meeting is on the list at World Service, and you have been issued an official meeting ID number, please submit your new meeting information via the Greater New York Metro Intergroup Meeting Change Form.
When new meeting information is received, the following will occur to get the word out about your new meeting:
- Your new meeting will be listed on the calendar page for eight weeks.
- Your new meeting will be highlighted under the new meetings section in the left column for the same eight weeks.
- Our Publications Committee will add your meeting to the printable .pdf meeting list on the next monthly update. (Meetings must be registered and affiliated with Metro Intergroup to be included on the paper listing)